The St. Patrick’s Day Dash is one of my favorite fun runs in Seattle! I’ve gone the past two years and am eagerly awaiting its return this March! I have all the race details below + a giveaway for TWO RACE ENTRIES!!!
What: The 33rd Annual F5 St. Patrick’s Day Dash, a 5K run/walk Starting/Finishing at Seattle Center, and winding through Downtown Seattle on 4th Ave.
Where: Seattle Center, 305 Harrison Street Seattle, WA 98109
Who: All ages welcome!
When: Sunday, March 12, 2017
- 8:00am – Leprechaun Lap; one kilometer dash for children 10 and under, and Leprechaun Lair fun in the Seattle Children’s Museum
- 8:30-9:00am – Four 5K wave starts, (run, jog, walk, crawl)
- 10:00am-6:00pm – Irish Festival in the Armory
- 10:15am – Awards Ceremony and Costume Contest at the Post Dash Bash Main stage
- 9:00am – 1:00pm – Post Dash Bash sponsor booths, giveaways, beer garden with the Stout Pounders live on-stage.
Details: The F5 St. Patrick’s Day Dash is a friends and family event with something for everyone. The competition starts with whose Irish costume is the zaniest, and ends with whose Redhook glass tower is the tallest in the Beer Garden. Four wave starts allow everyone to go at their own pace.
Net proceeds of the Dash support the Detlef Schrempf Foundation, which has contributed over $600,000 to local non-profits from this event. On-going beneficiaries include Camp Fire Central Puget Sound, Seattle Children’s Autism Center, See Ya Later Foundation, Outdoors For All, plus many other Northwest youth organizations and children’s charities.
Register: To register, and get more information for the St. Patrick’s Day Dash, visit www.stpatsdash.com. For more information on the Detlef Schrempf Foundation, visit www.detlef.com.
Early Registration ends January 31, 2017 – so get your race entry before the price goes up!
A few race tips:
- Don’t worry about the rain! The 3 mile course goes by fast!
- Bring extra clothes for the Post Dash Bash (they have a bag check!)
- The post-dash Beer Garden is located inside Fisher Pavilion (with restrooms for changing!)
- Dress up! Think A LOT of green, accessories, shamrocks, and rainbows. Be ready to win the costume contest! If you need some inspo, head to the St. Patrick’s Day Facebook page!
- Avoid traffic and take a St. Patrick’s Day Dash bus!
- Dash with friends! The race is meant to be fun – so bring along your tribe!
- Take lots of photos and tag #StPatsDash!
Now for the GIVEAWAY! Enter to win 2 Shamrock Level race entries!
Disclosure: Detlef Schrempf Foundation & Brooks Running graciously provided me with complimentary race entry and product. The opinions expressed here represent my own, which I take great pride in providing pure honesty…because I’m OBSESSED with sharing the Good!