You might have noticed a shift in my color scheme…a bit here on the blog, and majorly on Instagram (my visual portfolio of sorts). Over the past month or so I have been especially drawn to the color red. It all started with a sweater…followed by a skirt, coat, hat…the list goes on. I am unapologetically obsessed with this dynamic hue.
And not necessarily because of the ‘style’ per se, but more of the energy it attracts and the opportunities that have subsequently followed since ‘declaring’ this new signature color.
Let me explain. Rather than luck, I believe in good energy, positive vibes and…most of all, the hustle. Since bringing more red into my wardrobe, there’s been a shift in my spirit, my determination, my power. Red has incredibly high visibility (think stop signs, stoplights, fire trucks)…so what happens when you wear it?
Over the past month I’ve negotiated and accepted tremendous partnerships, specifically in the travel niche. Coincidence? I think not. A fire has been lit within my soul and I’m wearing it as a badge of honor. Red also signifies desire, love and passion…which easily translates into my affection for this business. I love creating content. I love engaging with you. I love building a platform to share my excitement for adventure and global curiosity. And at the end of the day, I want you to feel inspired, elevated and always craving more.
Build the dream and the dream will build you. – Robert H. Schuller
And without further ado, I’m thrilled to announce I’ll be working with UNIQLO, the Japanese LifeWear brand geared towards simplicity, quality and longevity. And the logo is red. I see you, Universe.
I actually took the brand for a test drive on our recent trip to Whistler (wearing the Ultra Light Down Seamless Parka) and was immediately sold. The girls also have a matching pair which are perfect as stand-alone or layering coats.
So for the next few months I’ll be highlighting a few of my favorite pieces from their collection, along with a big announcement…at the end of this post.
For February, they asked if I’d highlight their Blocktech technology…couldn’t have been easier since I already had the Blocktech Coat in Olive…but of course, I went ahead and grabbed another one in red. At this point, I probably don’t need to explain why?
Here’s the good stuff:
“Dry lining and better breathability makes our windproof coat even more comfortable.”
- Made with 100% polyester.
- Durable water-repellent, waterproof, windproof, stretchy, and breathable fabric.
- Gussets on the sides for comfort and ease of movement.
- We added pleats in the sides with holes underneath for ventilation to make the parka more breathable, yet keep rain out.
- Stitching is minimized to create a stylish design.
I LOVE the length and the fact that it easily dresses up or down. Also available in 5 colors…but I say go for the red. Be bold.
- Special stitching designed for stretch fabric creates neat seams.
- Features high-quality ultra-stretch fabric with not only a high expansion rate, but a high rebound rate as well.
- Hybrid stretch threads create a flattering, comfortable fit and keep their shape even after extended wear.
- Comfortable mid-rise fit.
- Back pocket size and placement designed for a flattering effect.
- Goes great with shoes from sneakers to heels, for versatile style whether dressy or casual.
I appreciate UNIQLO for supporting my journey as a blogger and for making their LifeWear comfortable, affordable and incredibly travel-friendly.
With that said, I’m thrilled to announce UNIQLO is opening their second store in the greater Seattle area at Southcenter Mall this Spring. Details and dates coming soon!
Liked this post? Pin the image below to your Inspo or Style Board!
*Photo by Jasmine Klein Photography
Disclosure: UNIQLO graciously sponsored this post. The opinions expressed here represent my own, which I take great pride in providing pure honesty…because I’m OBSESSED with sharing the Good!