2016 brought many things, one being a whole new sense of skincare awareness. It might have something to do with being in my 30’s and realizing a few careless acts in my teens and 20’s (i.e. tanning, foregoing sunscreen, not using quality products, etc.) have really caught up with me. Fortunately, being a blogger has allowed me to test out a variety of beauty and skincare products, and of course I always share my favorites with you. Remember, I only advocate products that I use myself and whole-heartedly recommend. With that said, I’ve been using the Silk’n ReVit Diamond Microdermabrasion System and wanted to share my thoughts with you…
I will admit, I’m typically one for monthly facials and in-spa services. So when I was approached to try ReVit I was skeptical on how effective it would be, since I would be doing it at home. After two weeks of using it, just a few times per week, I noticed significant improvement with my acne scars and overall skin tone. I also noticed my pores decreased (which never happens!).
Okay, so you may be wondering, what exactly is ReVit…by definition it’s “an at-home microdermabrasion tool that combines gentle microdermabrasion exfoliation with vacuum stimulation to reduce the appearance of age spots, fine lines and acne scars.” (Silkn.com) It helps even complexion and creates younger, smoother looking skin.
HOW DOES IT WORK:
* Removes dead skin cells and drawing them into the device with its vacuum stimulation.
* Dead skin cells are collected in a replaceable filter and when you change the filter you can see the quantity of dead particles previously attached to your skin.
* There are 2 energy levels to choose for your comfort level.
HOW TO USE IT:
* Wash face with cleanser and water.
* Select the treatment tip most suitable for the area/skin being treated.
* Turn the device on to the desired level.
* With the device in one hand, use the other hand to hold your skin taut.
* Hold the tip to face and run slowly across treatment area.
* Do not keep the device in one spot, always have it moving.
* Treat each area for approx. 5 minutes.
* Wash face with cold water and apply moisturizer when treatment is completed.
* Use every 3-4 days, depending on skin type.
* Each session typically lasts 10-15 minutes.
WHO CAN USE IT:
Men and women aged 18+ with all skin types
I’m a visual person, so here’s a video to see the ReVit in action…
Looks simple enough, right?
In addition to the ReVit, Silk’n has a variety of other innovative light, laser and LED-based products, with over 4 million users world-wide. You can find their products on their website, as well as, Nordstrom, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Kohls, Ulta & Target.
Whether you’re looking for a last minute gift or wanting to add skincare to your resolutions list for January, definitely check out the ReVit – it’s a great way to take care of your skin, with dramatic results…in the privacy of your own home. It retails for only $99, but you can also use the coupon code SilknTalk to receive 15% off your order (expires 12/31/16)!
I’d love to know – have you tried microdermabrasion?
*Photos by Jasmine Klein Photography
Disclosure: I received compensation in exchange for this post. The opinions expressed here represent my own, which I take great pride in providing pure honesty…because I’m OBSESSED with sharing the Good!