I’ve been sharing Momcation ideas on the blog for years…but now that it is FINALLY becoming a mainstream travel trend, let’s get EXCITED mamas! It is time for you take a break, sleep in, get a facial, and have a cocktail!
I’ve partnered with my friends at Hyatt at Olive 8 in Seattle, WA for the ultimate Seattle Momcation, just in time for the holidays!
Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. — Anne Lamott
The Best Places for Momcations
First of all, in order to have an ‘official’ Momcation, you need to get away. Like out of your house. Not in the other room, or the backyard or the coffee shop down the street. Like really go away for an entire night – or two.
I highly recommend Hyatt at Olive 8, a boutique hotel located Downtown Seattle, within walking distance to Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, restaurants, shopping, museums and the waterfront.
A spa day is the icing on that Momcation cake. Allow yourself total relaxation and book a massage, facial, mani/pedi, or all of the above. You’ve earned it girl.
Elaia Spa, located inside the Hyatt at Olive 8, offers a menu of dreamy treatments, including their current holiday specials (which I have personally tried and LOVED – I take these reviews very serious, my friends).
- Vanilla Chai Spice Revitalizing Scrub & Massage: A luxe treatment to uplift emotions and improve energy featuring a rich exfoliating polish and 60-minute massage with conditioning shea butter, goat milk and vanilla extracts (90 min. | $225)
- ‘Ready Set Glow’ Organic Facial: The “pumpkin spice and everything nice” treatment featuring an oxygenation enzyme exfoliant, pumpkin and hyaluronic treatment masques (60 min. | $150)
- Vanilla Chai Spice Mani Pedi: With a blend of spices and sweet vanilla, this mani pedi is unlike any other featuring an exfoliating sugar polish and rich body butter (Mani 45 min. | $55 // Pedi 60 min. | $75 // Gel polish add $15)
If you’re wanting to extend those Momcation vibes and get yourself on a ‘treat yo’ self’ schedule, I highly recommend Elaia’s Spa Massage or Facial Membership Program:
- Six or nine month membership plans start at $115 per month with no initiation fee! With the spa membership, members get full access to the following amenities on the day of their scheduled treatment:
- Access to the sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, saline lap pool and fitness center
- Relaxation lounge
- Access to locker room with use of lockers on day of treatment
- Special privileges and notifications of monthly promos
- 10% off retail products
- 10% off any additional treatment, any day of the week
Additional perks include:
- 6 month membership: one complimentary 60-minute signature massage or facial
- 9-month membership: one complimentary 90-minute signature massage or facial
- Any unused 60-minute membership facial, body scrub/wrap or massage sessions carry over from month to month
- Share one membership facial, body scrub/wrap or massage per month with a friend or family member for a transfer fee of only $10 per treatment
I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival. — Audre Lorde
Maybe your dream Momcation includes spending time alone, snuggled in bed, catching up on sleep, watching a movie and ordering room service. Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? Hyatt at Olive 8 offers Urbane To-Go, locally-sourced food delivered to your room, available 6:30am – midnight.
A little downtime, followed by brunch with your girlfriends is another Momcation favorite! Urbane, the featured restaurant in Hyatt at Olive 8, offers ‘globally inspired upscale comfort food’ paired with artfully curated drinks (hello!). I recommend the Avocado Toast paired with their house-made Bloody Mary.
Imagine an evening soak sans kiddos? Yes. So much yes. The Hyatt at Olive 8 has a chlorine-free saline lap pool and super serene hot tub ready when you are.
How To Plan a Momcation
Okay, moms, this is the hardest part. The secret to planning a Momcation? You literally just have to do it. If you want to get away with some girlfriends, pull out our phones, sync your calendars and make it happen. You need the time off, you deserve the time off.
Check out Hyatt at Olive 8 and spend time focusing on YOU!
I recommend following Hyatt at Olive 8 on social media to stay current with their upcoming specials and make sure to tag them during your stay – they might even share your photo on Instagram!
I know I share a lot of travel ideas here on the blog, but remember you don’t need to go far to have a really amazing experience. We all did Las Vegas with our girlfriends in or twenties…but what about a cozy staycation in the Northwest now that we’re in our thirties? Sounds pretty perfect right about now, don’t you think?
Did I miss anything? Share you Momcation Ideas in the comments below or on my latest Instagram post!
Did you know saving this Momcation Ideas post to Pinterest supports my blog AND helps your friends know about cool stuff? Just click on any of the images in this post and PIN!