If you’re craving a girls’ getaway in Seattle, the Kimpton Alexis Hotel in Pioneer Square just had a super chic remodel with ALL the swanky vibes to take your weekend up a notch. I had the opportunity of experiencing the new accommodations with a few girlfriends recently and, in this post, so I’ll be sharing my personal Kimpton Alexis Hotel Seattle Review. I’ll give you a snapshot of the new digs, the elevated in-room dining and the benefits of the location.
Kimpton Alexis Hotel Seattle
The Kimpton Alexis is a gorgeous boutique hotel in one of Seattle’s most historic buildings, dating back to 1901.
A mix of luxe design elements, curated local art pieces and nods to the city’s iconic music scene reflect a storied past and vibrant present.
Voted one of the “Top Hotels in Seattle” by Conde Nast Traveler in 2018 and “Best Seattle Hotels” by U.S. News & World Report in 2019, the accolades are well-deserved for this gem in the heart of the city.
Fun Fact: Kimpton was the first boutique hotel and restaurant company in the U.S., with a start in San Francisco more than three decades ago!
The Kimpton Alexis Hotel is centrally located in the West Edge neighborhood downtown Seattle, which borders the waterfront, Pioneer Square, Belltown and the retail core. It’s an easy walk or quick Uber to a variety of restaurants, boutiques and the city’s top attractions.
It’s also close to the Central Link light rail (which goes straight to the airport), King Street Station (where Amtrak is based), ferries traveling locally and to Canada, and cruise ports.
Address: 1007 1st Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
The Kimpton Alexis Hotel offers a curated menu of thoughtful amenities tailored to the savvy traveler, providing comfort, class and state of the art elements.
IGH Rewards Club
The IGH loyalty program allows members complimentary high-speed WiFi throughout the hotel during every stay.
Complimentary Hotel Bicycles
Bicycles are available for check out at the front desk or guest services. Bike route suggestions are also available upon request.
The Bookstore Bar & Cafe
Located at the base of the Kimpton Alexis Hotel, the Bookstore Bar & Cafe serves up modern American cuisine from brunch until late night, paired with craft cocktails, wine and rare whiskey.
If you’d like to enjoy the accommodations a bit more, I recommend their in-room dining option (the Artisan Cheese Board is my favorite).
The Bookstore Bar & Cafe also offers an unforgettable intimate dining experience for private events:
- Author’s Corner: A private event restaurant space is like reserving a full restaurant buy-out without the hefty price tag. It can accommodate up to 90 seated guests or 130 for a reception.
- The Grand Parlor: Seats up to 120 guests or 175 for a reception. There is additional foyer space with private restrooms.
- The Gallery Room: Seating for up to 32 guests for meals, 24 guests for meetings, and 50 guests for theater-style seating, receptions, or wedding ceremonies.
- The Study: An intimate retreat meeting room for up to eight guests.
Onsite Fitness Center
The hotel gym, awarded “most fun” by Shape magazine, offers a 24/7 fitness center featuring a horizontal climbing wall, monkey bars, rings and a Peloton bike for guest use.
Onsite Salon and Spa
The Chroma Salon and Spa at the Kimpton Alexis offers a wide range of services, using Aveda products, 7 days a week.
In-Room Spa Services
Spa services come to your room and are also available using Kerstin Florian organic and environmentally friendly body and skincare products.
Car2Go Registration ($35 Value)
Hotel guests are provided a Car2Go Registration and 24/7 access to their fleet of Mercedes vehicles including $10 drive credit.
Access to Riot Athletics Group Training or Indoor Cycling Classes
Discounts at Neighborhood Boutiques & Shops
Complimentary Morning Coffee and Tea Service
Hosted Social Reception
Complimentary wine tasting every evening, from 5-6pm, in the living room.
Pets always stay free! There are no weight, height, or type restrictions. Dog sitting services are also available upon request.
All Kimpton hotels are Green Key and IHG Green Engage certified, putting to work more sustainable practices across the country.
Our revamped guest rooms and suites—outfitted in rich materials and natural finishes against a palette of nautical blues, earthy greens and warm whites—call to mind the lush backdrop of the Pacific Northwest. From the décor and amenities to the unparalleled service of our attentive staff, the effect is a sense of modern, approachable luxury that’s as inviting as it is refined. Step inside and experience the ultimate Seattle stay.
…saturated, moody color palette, luxe materials, and playful accents like Marshall-branded Bluetooth speakers and Pendleton blanket robes.
From the guest rooms to specialty suites, every little detail is artfully designed with the most flattering welcome. A few of my favorite amenities available depending on the type of room…
- High floors with a water view of the Puget Sound, Seattle waterfront & Great Wheel
- Antique, wooden, stand, Marine Royal Telescope for cityscape viewing
- 6AM – 10PM room service from Bookstore Bar & Café
- Minibar with gourmet local treats
- In-Room Fireplace
- Soft and cozy robes
- Soaking Tub
- Luxurious Frette Linens
- In-room yoga mats
- Atelier Bloem bath amenities
Things To Do In The Area
As I mentioned, there’s a variety of things to do within minutes from the hotel…
- Seattle Art Museum – 4.5 blocks (5-minute walk)
- Pike Place Market – 0.5 mile (12-minute walk)
- Chihuly Glass Museum – 1.4 miles (10-minute ride)
- MoPOP – 1.6 miles (11-minute ride)
- Benaroya Hall – 5 blocks (7-minute walk)
- Pioneer Square – 6 blocks (7-minute walk)
- Olympic Sculpture Park – 1.3 miles (8-minute ride)
- Seattle Waterfront – 4.5 blocks (6-minute walk)
- CenturyLink Field – 0.7 mile (6-minute ride)
- T-Mobile Park – 1.2 miles (5-minute ride)
- Pacific Northwest Ballet – 1.9 miles (10-minute drive)
- Victoria Clipper Ferry Terminal – 1.2 miles (7-minute ride)
- Seattle Symphony – 6 blocks (7-minute walk)
- Seattle Aquarium – .4 miles (8-minute walk)
If you’re looking for a hotel featuring a dynamic location, gorgeous aesthetic and on-point amenities, the Kimpton Alexis Hotel in Seattle is a little piece of Northwest heaven.
Alexis Kimpton Hotel Promotions
Get a “sweet” welcome perk paired with up to 20% off their Best Flexible Rate when you book by August 11.
Additionally, it is valid for stays through October 31, 2019.
Save up to 20% when you book 7 days in advance.
*Please note: This special rate is pre-paid and non-refundable.
- Luxurious suite where ceremony will also be held
- Seasonal Pike Place flowers + boutonniere
- Officiant + two witnesses
- Plus Much More
When you stay at the Kimpton Alexis Hotel anytime in February, take advantage of half-price admission to more than 40 nearby museums.
AAA members can receive up to 15% off their stay
Ready To Book?
If you’re ready to book a flight to Seattle ASAP, then I recommend the Skyscanner app to find the best flight deals! It’s free to download and you can search flights, hotels and car rentals, along with filtering by stops, duration, price, airline, airport, etc. You can also request notifications for deal alerts.
An upcoming vacation gives us something to eagerly anticipate. -Jaime Kurtz
Did you know saving this post to Pinterest supports my blog AND helps your friends plan cool trips? Just click the image below and PIN! Super easy and we are so grateful!
Obsessed By Portia Specialty Tours
I’ve partnered with Bio-Monte Tours of Italy for two signature tours in 2020! Join me in Sicily May 6 – 15 or Tuscany May 16 – 23! Every tour includes world-class guides, culinary experiences, wine tastings, private transportation, luxury accommodations and intimate group sizes (no more than 14).
So send me an email if you’d like further details – [email protected]!