With the upcoming Memorial holiday and a summer full of vacations, I wanted to share the inside scoop on how you can make healthy smoothies while traveling and stay somewhat balanced next to poolside nachos and margs.
Here’s what I recommend:
- Get a travel blender (I found this one on Amazon for under $35 and it’s super lightweight)
- Pack protein powder (I’ve been using the VeganSmart All-In-One Nutritional Shake). Use this link to save $7.50!
- Bring individual serving packs for supplements (I love Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides and Amazing Grass Green Superfood)
- Visit the local market right when you arrive and stock your mini fridge with filtered water, unsweetened nut milk, or coconut water. And if you have the space – grab some fresh fruit to throw in (or nibble on throughout the day).
…and that’s it! Simple, right? Plus you don’t have to pay $15-$20 for that damn breakfast buffet which you might regret later.
With that said, if you follow me on Instagram, then you know I definitely don’t miss an opportunity to indulge – like those delicious biscuits in Charleston! However, I honestly feel a million times better when I nourish my body from the get-go, whether it’s a sunrise workout or plant-based smoothie – like I said before…it’s just balance.
I’d like to thank VeganSmart for initiating this post – they asked if I’d be interested in trying their All-In-One Nutritional Shake and after loving it so much, I had to share it! For my health nuts – here’s the good stuff you’re looking for (courtesy of VeganSmart):
- It contains a complete protein blend of five different non-GMO plant-based proteins to build and repair body tissue and muscle.
- The whole food complex consists of nine different healthy, colorful fruits and vegetables to support wellness.
- Each shake has 22 vitamins and minerals to support healthy cell function.
- The fiber content helps to keep you regular, while the omega blend supports a healthy brain, heart, and circulatory system.
- The shake contains prebiotics to stimulate the growth and maintenance of beneficial intestinal flora.
- The digestive enzymes blend assists in digesting foods more completely for greater absorption of nutrients.
- The VeganSmart All-In-One Nutritional Shake is free from cholesterol, trans fat, eggs, dairy, soy, gluten, artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, and preservatives.
- It contains no acesulfame-k or MSG.
- Flavors include: Vanilla, Chocolate, Wild Berries, Chai, Peaches and Cream, Raspberry Chocolate, Strawberry Shortcake and Cookies and Cream.
- A 15-serving jug of VeganSmart All-In-One Nutritional Shake typically retails for $36.99.
- Where to purchase: Walmart, The Vitamin Shoppe, CVS, Albertsons, Meijer, Weis Markets, Walgreens, Safeway, Harris Teeter, Gelson’s Markets, Market Basket, Clark’s Nutrition & Natural Foods Market, Akin’s Natural Foods, Bristol Farms, Brookshire’s Food & Pharmacy, Big Y, Mariano’s, Vitamin Discount Center, and many other fine local retailers. To find a store near you, visit vegansmart.com/where-to-buy.
*Photos by Jasmine Klein Photography
Disclosure: I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.