This week’s Fit Pick is SUP Yoga! Obbbbsesssssed! Seriously. I want to live on the paddleboard. It’s like a mini therapy session…doing Warrior Pose, on a paddleboard, in the middle of a warm lake…kind of empowering, don’t ya think?
My wonderful friend, Georgina, has been encouraging me to take one of her Azul SUP & Yoga classes, and, honestly…I was nervous. I finally took the plunge (no pun intended), and took her up on the offer to try SUP Yoga! Well – wouldn’t you know, I LOVE it.
The class was held at Lake Ki (Arlington, WA) which is perfectly calm and warm with no wake (phew!). Azul SUP & Yoga offers 3-4 classes/week during the summer months – I opted for a Thursday evening (6pm).#BogaYoga Stand Up Paddleboards
Let’s get one thing clear – I need to work on my paddleboard skills. It started out great…I entered the water with a beautiful Boga Board ready to crush this class! BUT then I was that person that couldn’t manage to steer, so I ended up passing the rope (where we connect our paddleboards) making a GIANT circle and finally coming back around. My first thought was ‘if this is any indication on MY SUP Yoga capabilities then I’m in trouble (lol).’ Fortunately, Georgina is very patient and reassured me everything was fine and that I’d be okay. ♥ So after a few (very humbling) breaths, I acclimated to the ‘floating studio’…. and regained some confidence. At the beginning of every yoga class, Georgina says ‘set an intention for your practice.’ Mine was to listen. I wanted to soak in every cue, really pay attention and conquer this. I wanted to end the class knowing I gave it my all. And I did. ♥
- Killer Abs – The unstable ‘mat’ aka paddleboard forces your core to work extra hard → Hello Sixpack!
- The View – Yoga on the water is just gorgeous – especially at sunset (see pics above!).
- Happy Feelings – I’m pretty sure it is absolutely impossible to leave SUP Yoga in a bad mood. It just feels good – mind + body + soul. ♥
- Fun Times – Working out should be fun, right? Then stop complaining and do THIS!
- Challenge Accepted – Push yourself out of your comfort zone – that’s where the magic happens, remember?
I don’t think I should be the only one trying new things – SO let’s do a GIVEAWAY! Azul SUP & Yoga is offering a FREE class to one lucky reader ($35 Value!). Enter via the rafflecopter below!
*Disclosure: Azul SUP & Yoga graciously provided me with a complimentary class to try and review. The opinions expressed here represent my own, which I take great pride in providing pure honesty…because I’m OBSESSED with sharing the Good!