If I could pick ONE style to wear every single day for the rest of my life – it would be an Off The Shoulder Shift Dress.
- Arm coverage. As women, we often stress about our arms showing – are they toned enough, tan enough, thin enough (ugh…it’s awful). Honestly, I’d love to tell you how beautiful you are and the size of your arms are insignificant to how gorgeous every other inch of you is…but I know when you look in the mirror, you decide for yourself and I, as a woman can relate to the summer-is-here-what-am-i-going-to-wear agony. Sometimes you just want sleeves – and that’s okay!
- Sexy. On another note, just because your arms are covered, doesn’t mean your shoulders have to be :) And this might be my favorite part. There is something sexy, yet slightly conservative about bare shoulders. A little mystery, if you will…
- Classic. The off the shoulder trend has been around for ages…
…this trend has been on-and-off the scene since the mid 1800s. Couturier Charles Frederick Worth (a.k.a. the OG of Haute Couture) designed elaborate dresses, many of which featured bodices with off-the-shoulder sleeves. Brigitte Bardot put her own sexy spin on this look during the 1960s, wearing off-the-shoulder tops with everything from midi skirts to pants. Her signature smoldering-yet-effortless French Riviera style is still emulated today on the runway, the red carpet and even the sidewalk. –Fashion Magazine
- Forgiving. In addition to arm coverage, the off the shoulder shift dress is oh-so-flattering for every body type. After I had my girl’s, I tend to veer away from fitted dresses (for the most part), which is why I am smitten for this style. I am comfortable, without the dreaded ‘mom frump.’
- Versatile. Layer, accessorize, style up/style down…an off the shoulder dress, especially denim (like mine) is a blank canvas…easily adaptable to your fashion forte.
And I also LOVE the Column Earrings (pictured below)…
Obviously the collection is gorgeous, but the Noonday story is what sets them apart…
We design and sell an inspired collection of
jewelry and accessories made by Artisans across the globe.
We partner with talented artisan entrepreneurs to make a difference in some of the world’s most vulnerable communities. By developing artisan businesses through fair trade, we empower them to grow sustainably and to create dignified jobs for people who need them. Together we’re building a flourishing world where children are cherished, women are empowered, people have jobs and we are connected. – Noonday Collection
Noonday was introduced to me by my cousin, who is an avid adoption supporter (recently growing her family with a new baby!). She decided to become a Noonday Ambassador to help raise funds for other adoptive families. Noonday gives 10% of sales at Adoption Trunk Shows to help adoptive families bring their children home.
And because I want YOU to help me spread the Noonday love, we have a GIVEAWAY!
Enter to win a pair of the Afloat Earrings…
Details about this piece…
Enter via the Rafflecopter below…and don’t forget to own that Off The Shoulder Trend this season! Tag me in your photos – I want to see! @Obsesessedbyportia
*I often have questions on how Rafflecopter works – for every entry (Like on Facebook, Follow on Instagram, Comment, etc.) you will receive one point. The more points you have, the higher chances of winning. You can complete all of the entries or just some – whatever works for you! More the merrier, though!
This giveaway is now closed.
Dress: Target Off Shoulder Dress in Denim by Mossimo ($27.99). Available HERE.
Shoes: Target Coco Platform Heel in Chestnut by Mossimo ($29.99). Available HERE. (btw…the Prada version which looks nearly identical is $820…just saying)
A. Noonday Feathered Fringe Earrings in Cobalt ($32.99). Available HERE.
B. Noonday Column Earrings ($48.00). Available HERE.