Ladies, I’m in the mood for full disclosure this week, so let’s get right to it. I discovered the Brazilian wax, much like the rest of my 20-30 something friends from our friend, Carrie Bradshaw on SATC. The L.A. episode created a trend that will last a lifetime for most of us. I’ve personally been getting a Brazilian wax off and on for about 13 years. Here’s the deal – it’s all about who you go to you. Over the years I’ve had some good and not so good experiences, and I feel well-versed on this topic. So today I’m sharing my #1 recommendation on the best Brazilian wax in Seattle.
Located downtown Seattle at Sola Salons, Queen Bee Salon & Spa ranks #1 in my book for the quickest, most-efficient and least painful wax I have ever had. Yes, it doesn’t feel like your usual trip to the spa, however, you will leave feeling like a million bucks, just in time for bikini season!
Their current services include award-winning brow shaping and full body waxing for women and men, using their own, in-house formulated Garage Wax®. They also offer Allure magazine “Best of Beauty” aprés-wax products.
As I mentioned before, the trick to a really good wax is who you go to, and fortunately, Queen Bee Salon & Spa has primo estheticians, including Alex. She also runs the Seattle location, but visits L.A. often as she has a big clientele in that area, as well.
Okay, here’s the lowdown – waxing is not a girl’s favorite thing to do…however, once you try it you’ll get why millions of us do it every few months or so.
For those of you newbies, I’ll try and give an explantation to what exactly a Brazilian wax entails without getting too graphic. Queen Bee Salon & Spa refers to it as ‘The Full Monty,” meaning ALL hair is taken off from bikini top and sides. If you’d like further details, go HERE.
Curious how to prepare for a wax?
- please shower before your appointment.
- hair must be a quarter of an inch (about 10-14 days of growth) to adhere correctly to the wax.
- resist the urge to shave between sessions. Shaving chafes the skin and creates sharper, coarser hair!
- gently exfoliate the night before or take a warm bath to prep the skin before your wax. Having a warm bath or shower before your wax can soften your skin allowing for easier hair removal. We also recommend exfoliation the night before as this removes dead skin build up around and in the follicle again aiding in easier and more thorough removal. We suggest gently dry brushing OR using a gentle exfoliating scrub or acne cleanser.
- chill. Come to your appointment as relaxed as you can. Like a lot of things in life, the anticipation is often worse than the actual event. Don’t listen to friends who tell you their waxing horror stories. They don’t come to us! Youtube videos and movie scenes with screaming ninnies will only get your knickers in a deeper twist. This is your experience and we want it to be a good one!!
- take a deep breath. We often ask clients to take a few deep breaths and to try to relax their muscles once they get on the waxing table. Don’t worry—it really doesn’t hurt that much. And trust me, we want you to come back, so we won’t do anything to traumatize you!
- know that it gets better. We get that first timers don’t know what to expect. My advice is to acknowledge that the first one will be the most uncomfortable, especially if you’ve been shaving prior to it. However, it doesn’t have to be the worst thing you’ve ever done. Most of the time, people leave our room pleasantly relieved that the wax wasn’t nearly as bad as they expected. Every wax after the first one gets easier, especially when your hair starts growing in finer and we weaken that horrid follicle!
- medicate if you must. if you’re concerned about the potential for pain, take a couple of advil 20 minutes before your appointment. Some clients feel this takes the edge off.
- remember, it will be over before you know it. Being fuzz-free is so worth a couple minutes of discomfort!
-Queen Bee Salon & Spa
Queen Bee Salon & Spa has a loyal following of celebrities, magazine editors and tastemakers and has recently been featured in O Magazine, Allure, Who What Wear and Goop.
Ready to book? Call 206-388-4021 or email [email protected] They are open Tuesday through Sunday from 9 AM to 9 PM and Monday by appointment. *Also, the salon’s newest waxer, Audrey, is offering $35 Brazilian waxes for the next few weeks!
Address: Downtown Seattle Sola Salons at 1823 Terry Ave. in the Denny Triangle neighborhood, within walking distance from Downtown and South Lake Union.
Feeling lucky? Enter to win a Brazilian wax below ($60 value!).
*Photos courtesy of Queen Bee Salon & Spa
Disclosure: Queen Bee Salon & Spa graciously provided me with a complimentary service. The opinions expressed here represent my own, which I take great pride in providing pure honesty…because I’m OBSESSED with sharing the Good!