“I’m a Blogger Baby!” This was the title of my very first blog post almost a year ago. I had secretly worked on launching it for months and one day I finally worked up the courage to hit ‘publish,’ unknowingly to my husband or friends. I wanted Obsessed by Portia to be a 100% reflection of me, I didn’t want anyone else’s opinion regarding style, color, or even my site name. Of course, I have drastically modified it over the past year, even changing the entire design, but I did it with only my opinion in mind. This was and continues to be my passion project. I love sharing my obsessions, whether it be an aerial yoga class, a new book, or the latest Seattle style – I thrive on passing this info along to you. ♥
Whether you’re new to the blog or have read all 80+ posts, I wanted to share 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Me. I always feel way more connected to people I meet in the blogisphere when I get a glimpse into their ‘real life’ versus just what they choose to ‘filter.’ So here you go (and this is a no-judgement zone, right?):
- I stay up way too late watching TV. I just love shows, plain and simple. After the littles go to bed and my inbox is cleared, cozying up to a good sitcom is my favorite way to end the day. I will admit, sometimes I get carried away with Netflix, but it makes me happy…so I’m okay with it. :) Shows I’m obsessed with: The Goldbergs, Scandal, Being Mary Jane, & Unstoppable Kimmy Schmidt (to name a few). ♥
- I was an overweight teenager – weighing 50 lbs more than I do now. One day I will share my full story, but for now, just know I worked (and continue to work) my butt off to never return there.
- My favorite workout is running. I can’t believe this is true, especially since I absolutely despised this ‘torturous’ exercise just a few years ago. But after several races, including 2 half-marathons I have come to love and appreciate the ‘runner’s high.’
- My favorite meal is pancakes (or waffles) – whole wheat, of course, with pure maple syrup. Obviously everything in moderation. :)
- My 5 year-old daughter is like a mini version of me (and I love it). She also has an obsessive personality (so maybe she’ll take over the blog when I retire ), loves to clean, is super chatty with friends and finds peace in organization. She’s awesome. ♥
So did you learn something about me? Tell me something about you in the comments!