“Sometimes, small decisions can have very BIG EFFECTS.” #AMEN! Well said Beachbody ♥ ! THIS is exactly what happened when I took the plunge and dove into the 3-Day Refresh after I did my feature on Fit with Vicki & The Beachbody Revolution! I’ve heard the success stories, but wasn’t sure what to expect for myself. I mean seriously, I workout…alot. I eat healthy…alot. With that said…I still needed to shake a few stubborn pounds leftover from Summer cocktails, Thanksgiving pumpkin-everything, Christmas cookies…you know what I’m talking about :). So here’s the skinny on MY version of the 3-Day Refresh…and why I’m now OBSESSED!
• 3 packets of Shakeology®—your choice of 6 flavors (recommended: Chocolate Vegan or Tropical Strawberry Vegan during the Refresh as plant proteins are often easier for the body to digest) *I opted for Chocolate Vegan (YUM!)
• 6 packets of Vanilla Fresh (high-protein shake)
• 3 packets of Fiber Sweep (digestive drink)
• 1 Program Guide
What’s on the Refresh Menu?
• FILTERED WATER: In addition to the water you use in your shakes and teas, they recommend you drink at least half your body weight in ounces of filtered water each day. *I used water from my tap – we have a well that is filtered.
• BREAKFAST: A superfood-packed Shakeology shake, plus one fruit option. *I had 1/2 of a Banana in my shake every day. (This is not recommended, but I added one cup of coffee to my shake every morning :) )
• MORNING TEA: 1 cup of unsweetened herbal or green tea. *Green Tea helps speed your metabolism!
• LATE MORNING: Fiber Sweep, a digestive health drink. *Don’t worry it’s a ‘kind’ sweep :)
• LUNCH: Vanilla Fresh shake, plus 1 option from the Fruit List, 1 option from the Vegetable List, and 1 option from the Healthy Fats list. *I had Blueberries, Carrots & 2 TBS Hummus along with the Vanilla Fresh Shake.
• AFTERNOON SNACK: 1 option from the Vegetable List, and 1 option from the Healthy Fats list. *I had Cucumber & 2 TBS Hummus.
• AFTERNOON TEA: 1 cup of unsweetened herbal tea (caffeine-free).
• DINNER: Vanilla Fresh shake, 1 option from the Dinner Recipes, and 1 cup of organic vegetable broth (optional). *I had a Mason Jar Salad (because they are easy & so pretty!) every night & broth the first night to help with feeling full – but didn’t love the broth so skipped it the rest of the refresh.
• EVENING TEA: 1 cup of unsweetened herbal tea (caffeine-free). *I had Chamomile Tea to help promote a good night’s sleep.
Okay now for what you really want to know:
- Was I starving? I’m going to be honest…every day at about 4pm I began to get hungry…and stay hungry until I went to bed. My advice to you is to drink more water than you can imagine and definitely opt for the afternoon and evening teas to help keep your mouth busy. (Yes you will be using the restroom very frequently – but think of all those toxins you are flushing out!). On the plus side of the hunger, I went to bed early every night – staying up late and watching T.V. didn’t seem as much fun if I couldn’t snack. :)
- How much weight did I lose? I lost 2 pounds during the 3-Day Refresh, and here is the best part…it’s been 2 weeks and I have kept it off (resuming a healthy diet) and I’ve even lost a pound or two more. I waited the 2 weeks to write this post to see if it truly gave my system a jumpstart, and it absolutely did! (Sidenote: A few friends took the plunge with me and each lost 5lbs right away)
- Would I do it again? Absolutely! If I fell off the healthy bandwagon or needed a plateau buster, I would definitely do this – it was only 3 days, totally doable. I’m actually really interested in trying the 21 Day Fix Extreme, which is another Beachbody program that provides more food options, but is slightly longer. I have heard this is fantastic if you really need a diet makeover – it provides you with the tools to prepare, eat and fuel your body with only clean food.
- Who would I recommend the 3-Day Refresh to? Everyone! We all have our food weaknesses, and this is a great way to pinpoint and conquer those unhealthy vices. Beachbody offers a crazy amount of fitness & nutrition programs as I detailed in my post a few weeks ago, so it’s really easy to find something that works for you.
My Final Verdict: Yes I was hungry, but you know what? I realized before the 3-Day Refresh that I was eating way too many little snacks and my ‘healthy’ portions were out of whack. I needed to rev up my metabolism (which I did!) and rethink what I was putting in my mouth! And…I realized one of my common pitfalls was to munch here and there on my kid’s snacks (goldfish, fruit snacks, pretzels, etc.). Solution? Don’t buy snacks for your kids you shouldn’t eat yourself :) I know this is tough for little picky eaters…so maybe find one fruit or vegetable that they will eat and eventually they’ll expand their nutrient taste buds (fingers crossed!). And continue to be a healthy example and trust me…they notice. ♥
Here are a few options to get you started if you are interested!
- 3-Day Refresh Challenge Pack: Includes what you need for the 3 days AND 30 day supply of Shakeology – On SALE right now for $140 (you save $70). You can purchase it here.
- 3-Day Refresh: Only includes what you need for the 3 days (does not include 30-day Shakeology supply). You can purchase it here for $70.
- 21-Day Fix Extreme: Includes 3-Day Refresh, 30 day supply of Shakeology AND 21-Day Extreme Workout Program. You can purchase it here for $180.
Have you tried the 3-Day Refresh or another Beachbody program? I would love to hear your feedback!
*Not all exercise programs are suitable for everyone. Check with your doctor before beginning any fitness program to avoid/reduce the risk of injury. Exercise at your own risk. Portia will not be responsible or liable for any injury sustained as a result of using any fitness program presented and/or discussed on Obsessed by Portia.
*Obsessed by Portia is in no way affiliated with Beachbody. The opinions expressed here represent my own, which I take great pride in providing pure honesty…because I’m OBSESSED with sharing the Good!