Most of you have heard of iFLY – the indoor skydiving experience…but have you tried it?! With 37 locations all over the world, Seattle being one of them, it’s an accessible (and safe) adventure for the whole family. We took our first flight a few week’s ago – and here’s a peak at our experience…
All 4 of us participated in the first-time flyer training which walks you through the flight details, hand signals to follow and safety precautions. Something to note – kids as young as 3 years old can fly – they also provide flight suits and helmets in all sizes.
My youngest is a bit timid, so she decided to watch this time around, but the rest of us (including my 6 year old) gave it a try. It’s definitely an experience unlike any other, something you’ll have to try to really get the idea – which I absolutely recommend.
iFLY takes photos and video of your flight which are available for purchase right afterwards or online. You can also have a friend or family member who is not flying grab a couple pics (I was actually surprised by this!). I shared one of my husband’s flights on Insta Stories if you had a chance to see it. :)
So now you’re ready to iFLY, right? Before you go – here’s a few insider tips:
- Wear tight fitting clothees and lace up sneakers like I did HERE.
- Leave your jewelry at home (they do have lockers in case you forget)
- Arrive 1 hour before your booked flight – allowing time to check in, sign the waiver, and suit up
- If you wear glasses they have goggles that fit over them
- During the iFLY experience, try and keep your mouth closed and breathe through your nose. I smiled the whole time (I was having a good time!) and may have drooled a bit (shh…don’t tell anyone). Learned my lesson!
- If you’re a little nervous – don’t worry, the instructor is in the flight chamber with you the whole time and helps guide you as needed.
iFLY Seattle is located right by Southcenter Mall at 349 Tukwila Pkwy, Tukwila, WA. You can find out more info or book a flight HERE! p.s. USE code iFLYSM for $20 off all first time flyer packages purchased through the end of the month.
If you liked this post – Pin It to your Adventure Board!
*Photos provided by iFLY
Disclosure: We were graciously hosted in exchange for this post. The opinions expressed here represent my own, which I take great pride in providing pure honesty…because I’m OBSESSED with sharing the Good!